2008年9月26日金曜日

26/Sep/08


It is necessary to write two things for my class.

First I would like to talk about me. I am from Tokyo, Japan. I have two sisters, one is younger
and one is older. My older sister has her son althogh she is just 3 years alder than I am. Sometime soon I would like to add my family picture on my blog.
By the way I came here only a month ago so I did not have a lot of friends. I need more friends in Endland life.
When I came here, I was not suprisedt at the way of life in England because their cars running on the road were mostly same and music drifting in the shops are same as Japanese ones. This was the first time to feel the globalization with my own skin.


Next, what I need to say is the story about ZEN which I heard from my classmate. The following is the story.
The subject of a student was martial art. One day she wanted to visit her teacher because she was worried about her study. She wanted to ask her that how many years it would take to finish her study. Her teacher told her that you would need 10 years to finish it. By hearing that, she was worried about it more. So she asked her teacher again that if she studied it for 10 hours per day how long it would take. The teacher answered to her quetion and the answer was '20years'

I think this kind of stories are difficult to understand for people from other countries. This story means it is important to study or work hard for a long time. I think it is a representative of the Japanese way of life. In Japan still now there is the culture which quantity is seen as more important thing than quality is.

0 件のコメント: