2008年11月5日水曜日

Obama McCain


Today in my class we talked about the election of the United States. Then I realised I do not know about it well. So for today's self-study, I watched some videos and read some articles which were connected to it.





collocations from this article

verb + preposition

to run with the strapline ''Let the issues be the issue''

to bid to become the first black president


noun + noun

party's tenure(duration which one political party works in White House)

cornerstone(base) of my family
to offer his condolence to Obama's family
profound(deep) impact
ovarian cancer
to pour something into someone
clerical job(a job which is relating to work done in an office)

1 件のコメント:

Steve さんのコメント...

Glad to see I got you thinking...

What is the most interesting thing you found out?