2008年11月20日木曜日

My homework and self study

Today we also looked at how we can recognize better collocations in the new articles and how to increase my lists of new vocabulary with Steve. Here are four procedures to put new collocations in my brain: read through the article, use the dictionary to get the meaning, re-read the article twice or three times, have a chance to use them. These take long time to do but in total it is more meaningful to do four rules than just to read as many articles as I can.

Homework today is to do the exercise,which is 'In a paragraph of 50-100 words explain why television is seen as a medium of no importance', using collocations which we have studied in the morning class.

Here is my thought below.
Sheer quantity of people watch television for three or four hours a night. Watching television for those who spend their meaningful time sitting in front of their TVs is just two states; it turns on or off. Therefore TV programmes such as documentaries which seem better than other entertainment programmes also do not make any sense for them, even if gifted prople or diligent professionals make the programmes. They do not retain any information from what they watch on their televisions. This might be the reason why the media does not have any importance.


For my self study I watched some videos below which is connected to how to listen to lecture.
ABC news from podcasts.
Also I read articles on Daniel Trump watched the video about his success.

0 件のコメント: