2008年11月21日金曜日

Homework and sel-study 20/Nov/08

''diligent janitor''




For today's homework, I read the article about habits of TV programmes from the textbook. That is also useful to study collocation. I found four unfamiliar collocations below.

take it for granted that...
I take it for granted that they will get married.
I do not take it for granted that you listen to me.


be conscious of/that
I am conscious that there are some necessities to work on my pronunciation.


lazy janitor
The lazy janitor of that huge building has really gorgeous office which is not reflected his actual work.



For 2nd homework today
In almost all something to read, there must be unfamiliar words. Then we do not need to be panicked because we can guess what the word mean from the rest of the sentence. In order to get this skill, we need some training for that. And I did it in the article which Steve gave us in the class and the title was 'Political Campaigns and the media.'

a specific protocol; a unique procedure
definition of protocol: rule
Fiber-optic cable; something new and advanced cable
definition of fiber-optic:the science of technology of light transmission
digital compression; saving something by digital technique
definition of compression:to make something smalle, especially by pressing it
to be a rarity;to become reality
definition:to be unusual
a presumption;a thing which should be done
definition:when you belive something is true without and proof
disparities;gaps/differences
definition:inequalities
extract rationalizations
definition:to improve the way a business is organized, usually by getting rid of people
discretion of the publisher;opinion of the publisher
definition:when someone is careful not to cause embarrassment or attract too much attention,
especially by keeping something secret.
To obtain information for my essay about media, I read some articles below.

0 件のコメント: