2008年11月18日火曜日

New class started





Today we had a look at the general habits of British people which are based on the survey in Simon's class. Here are top 3 habits; talking about the weather, watching soap operas(TV programmes which never finish), getting drunk. After taking this class, I found it interesting to think about the Habits of Japanese people. So there are some tips of them which I can suppose.



  1. not saying 'NO': When Japanese are asked to do something by others, they usually don't say 'no.' They try to avoid the direct way in which they say NO. When they can't do a favour from someone, they use the different way; Sorry, I really want to give you my favour but I'm busy. I am so sorry.

  2. passive: This habit is caused by mainly Japanese educational system. A teacher gets the students quiet so as it is easier to teach in a class. Recently over 50% of Japanese have been educated from primary school to university. It is calculated that they have taken education under this system for 16 years. From this point,when they start to work, the same thing happens. It seems to be better that if there are any bosses of them, Japanese keep to be quiet until the bosses finish saying something.

Two habits above are often seen as negative ones, but I can't strongly agree with this. They are also good aspects which Japanese culture has in my opinion. The key about this is if they can see the habits as Japanese habits, not as the universal ones. In other words, to accept that there are other different cultures and human behaviour is important.




0 件のコメント: