2009年1月7日水曜日

Plagiarism

As my self-study, I looked at the websites about plagiarism which is recommended by our text book.

If I can explain plagiarism in the simplest way, don't copy what others have wrote to use it in your assessment. I am going tell you something good below to know for your work, which was not familiar to me when I did the exercise on the web page so maybe for you too.

  1. You will be given low mark in your assessment even if you plagiarise inadvertently.
  2. It is not enough that you just change the word in the original sentence to your own word.

And finally, when you take a note from a book, you need to make a reference to show that you get information from other person's writing. In order to make the bibliography and avoid plagiarism, here is a list which you need to include in it.

Book:
Name of Author
Year of Publication
Title of book
Name of publisher
Place of publication
Page reference

Website:
Name of Author
HTTP address
Date page accessed


That is all new what I have learnt today. I hope that this is going to be helpful for you and me.

0 件のコメント: